Saturday, August 20, 2011

What Have You Been Reading This Summer, Jojo?

So this summer I gave my fantastic niece another favorite book to read, Anne of Green Gables.  Did you get a chance to read it yet?  I love the whole series, all through my college years and a couple after that I would take a month and read all of them again, maybe I'll do it this year too!

Your mom said you tried Clan of the Cave Bear so I tried it too.  I got to the part where Iza is feeling ill and Ayla was taking care of the baby.  It didn't seem worth it to finish it, what did you think?  Not really my cup of tea although I know so many people love that book.

Here's what I've read this summer and also here are some favorite picture books that Peter has enjoyed.

My list:
Ender's Game
Rules to Rock By
Five Flavors of Dumb
Star Island
Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life
The 4 Hr. Body
The New Atkins 

The last two were diet books so I don't know if that counts.  I've also been reading lots of manuscripts, but that is a story for another time.

Peter's Summer Favorites:
Big Plans
Interrupting Chickens
Are You My Mother?
Skippy Jon Jones (any of the stories)
My Friend Rabbit
Who Invited You?
Hooray For Fly Guy
Pretend
My Dad, My Hero
Another Perfect Day


So tell us what you have read?  I'm sure a bucket load or two more than what we've listed here.  Peter read a bunch more just not as notable - isn't that sad?

Ask your mom for some time with a computer and write us back, we miss you and want to hear all about your interesting book finds.  Also, don't forget to answer the question in this blog.  Love you,

Baba


2 comments:

  1. Anne of Green Gables is one of my all time favorites! I love the movies too. Enders Game was another one of my favorites.
    You were a busy reader this summer. I am jealous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Anne of Green Gables. If you haven't read it yet, you might enjoy Little Women. It was one of my favorite stories when I was young.

    I did start off loving Clan of the Cave Bear. I think I made it about half way through the second or third book and lost interest. She writes even slower than I do. I don't know if she ever finished the series, but I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete